The System Admin Dashboard is made up of a list of administrative tools on the left and the selected tool part on the right. Some of these tools (Compliance Types, CSI Maintenance, Date Types, Reference, Templates, Code Maintenance and System Information) are also available from the Manage Dashboard.
Some of the tools that are available on both the Manage Dashboard and the System Admin Dashboard are considered to be more manager tools than system administrator tools and are, therefore, documented only in the Focus on the Manage Dashboard guide, as indicated below. Other exceptions are also listed below.
The System Admin tools enable you to do the following (shown roughly in the order you might use them):
- Company Division: Provide basic information for your company or for company divisions within your organization or corporation.
- Mask Maintenance: Set up Cost Code and Project ID parameters by specifying segment, length and type.
- Account Categories: Describe the general ledger accounts in words rather than numbers and group these accounts for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Doc Types: Deactivate or rename Doc types and create new Doc types.
- UI Configuration: Visually configure Doc types and a few parts of certain dashboards to include or exclude fields, columns and tabs.
- Code Maintenance: Edit or view the options for various drop-downs (pick lists) used in documents and throughout the system.
- Roles: Design and maintain the roles that grant users access to functions, Spitfire documents, and projects within sfPMS.
- Catalog Folders: Indicate the type of access (view, insert, update, delete, all) that users have for file folders. (See page 72.)
- Report Folders: Control the access to report folders. (See page 78.)
- Date Types: Set up the date types to be used on the Date tabs of certain Spitfire documents. (See page 82.)
- Alert Types: Activate or deactivate the Alert types that appear in Alert tabs and Subscriptions. (See page 85.)
- Cloud Drives: Set up paths to cloud storage providers, if any. (See page 89).
- Compliance Types: Design and designate Compliance types to be used in the Compliance tab of Commitments and other documents. (See page 91.)
- Rules Maintenance: Customize logic for how sfPMS behaves. Rules govern various aspects of the system. (See page 92.)
- CSI Maintenance: Create and maintain a CSI list with short and longer descriptions to be used in Spitfire documents. (See the Focus on the Manage Dashboard guide.)
- Reference: Create and maintain a category list based on whatever you want. (See the Focus on the Manage Dashboard guide.)
- Templates: Upload a variety of templates for use in Spitfire. (See the Focus on the Manage Dashboard guide.)
- Workflow Scripts: Create and maintain ATC workflow scripts to use with routing. (See ATC Scripts and Automatic Workflow on the Spitfire Client Services site.)
- Event Subscriptions: Configure connections between sfPMS and event-handling code written by your programmers. (See the Developers Primer and contact support for more information or contact sales to purchase consulting time with one of Spitfire’s developers.)
- System Information: Check information about servers, versions, and last cache. (See page 105.)